Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Color me relieved....

Color me relieved....

November 10th --  The painters started the prep last week.  They took Monday off for the holiday, and started painting the base yesterday.  I did't get home until pretty late, and I couldn't really see the base because the sun had gone down.  I have to admit I was a bit worried that the base color I picked was too dark.  These photos really don't do it justice, but I'm really thrilled with the new color scheme and how the painters have detailed the Victorian features of the house, as shown in the photos below.  

The painters and I call the base color "Mocha-Frappuccino" even though it is technically "edgewater rocks."  

It was a cloudy day today when I took these photos so they are not great and the bottom parts of the porch (railings and columns) are not yet painted with the new colors.  This is just a sneak peak.  When they complete the painting and the sun comes back I'll post new photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment