Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Painters Continue to Rock it....

The Painter's Continue to Rock It.....

December 10th -- The construction train is back on the tracks, full steam ahead, because the painters continue to rock it -- sheet rock it, that is.

Whew...my faith has been restored after a bit of a shaky start this morning.  At 7:45 am I caught a glimpse of someone in the side yard and a few seconds later there was a knock at the front door.  When I went to open the door, it was one of the crew members of the initial drywall company that was fired.  I was a bit surprised, but it was freezing cold outside so I told him to come in out of the cold.  I told him that I was not expecting him and that another crew was working on the drywall.  I tried to call my contractor, but could only leave a voice message.  The drywall guy called his supervisor and handed his cell phone to me.  The supervisor told me that my contractor called him late yesterday and told him to get someone over to clean up the drywall scraps mess in the master bedroom.  So, this guy was here to clean up the mess that they had left almost two weeks ago, but not to do any more work in the house.  Nice to know.  

My contractor returned my phone call and explained that the cabinet delivery has been delayed until next week and the finish carpenter would also come next week.  I was also told that the electricians would stop by with their schematics to make sure that the appropriate wires and light fixtures were not covered over by the dry wall, and if they were they would mark where the fixtures were located.

The painters showed up next and were ready to go.  The owner of the painting company told me that he really wanted to get the dry wall done as soon as possible and before next week.  He said he was willing to work through the weekend and would see how many of his guys he could get to do that as well.    These guys really know what they are doing and I'm so relieved to see that their work is high quality and that they take pride in doing a good job.

Photos of today's progress:


Before painters to the rescue:  View of doorway to basement stairwell

After painters to the rescue:  View of doorway to basement stairwell



 Before painters to the rescue:  View from the gathering room of the 3/4 bath (to the left) and the galley kitchen 

After painters to the rescue:  View from the gathering room of the 3/4 bath (to the left) and the galley kitchen 

The north wall of the kitchen where the future range top and refrigerator will be 



The opposite side of the kitchen where the sink will be (under the window) 


 Several photos standing in the gathering room



Looking into the laundry room (to the left) and the pantry (to the right)



The painters did a cool thing in the dining room, which was to overlay drywall over the lath and plaster walls around the doorway leading into the kitchen








They also filled in around the doorway in the dining room that will lead to the deck, and they will put a skim coat over the lath and plaster wall on the south side of the dining room.

Here is the drywall progress in the rear-entry mudroom





And, even though they still have plenty to do on the main level, one of the painter/drywall guys started working on the master bedroom







As well as working in the master bathroom






As I was leaving for the office this morning, the owner of the painting company told me again that his hope is to complete the walls before the finish carpenter comes on Monday.  They are making great progress after two days on the job.    

No comments:

Post a Comment